Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Problems With My HTC One S - How To Fix Them

I love this phone.  It is super slim, super sexy, and super fast.  I live by it.  Recently, about the last two weeks, all kinds of data problems have crept up.  It was slow, it was unbearable...all of my apps hung as the internet connection timed out.  After calling T-Mobile (no help), I checked with HTC.  It appears there is a built in "reset" that resets the radio without having to reflash your phone (as T-Mobile had me do, requiring a full day to get my apps back the way I wanted).

Here's how to do the reset:
Press and hold the power button (don't stop until I tell you!).  First, the reboot prompt comes up.  Don't flinch, keep holding it! Next, the hardware buttons begin to flash...don't let go!  Then, a new pop-up comes up and says "to restart, continue to hold the power button" and a countdown timer starts counting down.  Keep holding the button down!  Then, the HTC screen comes back up.  You can let go and let it boot up.  This seems to reset data issues that many people online have been complaining about with this phone. 

I love this phone...my first pick on the market, even if it's 6 months old.  The processor is still top of the line, the build and feel are unmatched (okay, the iPhone 5 feels just as nice in the hand).  The LED screen is beautiful.  Most importantly, the screen is big without being too big in the hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment